Friday, May 4, 2012

Raul's OTHER New Wheels

Through the help of some wonderful friends, and Raul's PT, Raul has been given a loaner power chair by Permobil. Permobil, along with the vendor, are working on getting him a more permanent chair (either new, or a donated demo chair), but for now, this is working great! Raul loves his chair! He is able to move it himself now, but has not mastered steering yet! Today he drove it over to the other building in our compound to pick up a package, and he actually did the straightaway by himself with me just walking next to him! I think it will take him a while to figure out steering, as we can't just explain it to him as you might with some kids, but he will get it! He cries every time he has to get out of his chair; he LOVES his new wheels!




4 comments:

  1. Oh my God... Raul looks like he is having so much fun! This makes me so happy!! I love lil Raul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so great in his chair! He's obviously enjoying himself, I can tell. How terrific for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raul is doing great with the controls! I can imagine he really loves his chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is Raul doing these days on his power chair training? Would love to see more video of him doing some driving!

    ReplyDelete