Tuesday, March 20, 2012


Raul was admitted to the hospital yesterday. He had been having high fevers since Friday, so his doctor had us come in to the ER. We believe he has some skin infections, but luckily not a blood infection. His labs also indicated that it was time for another blood transfusion, so that should be happening tonight. However, now he has another fever, so we have had to put the transfusion on hold. Hopefully it will either happen later tonight, or in the morning. Since he does still have a fever 24 hours after starting two antibiotics, the doctors are talking again to Infectious Disease about if there are any other medications they should add for him. We have also been addressing his pain, which has increased recently. He is on a new pain medicine, and we are working up to a dose that will make him more comfortable.

After getting his IV last night. He had to get a new one this afternoon as the first one slipped out during his bath.


  1. Aw, sweet boy! He looks so cozy wrapped up in those fuzzy blankets but his face says otherwise. :( Feel better soon Raul! I hope that the Dr's can figure out what's going on and get the transfusion/meds settled out for him.

  2. Raul we are praying for you ,stay strong sweet boy!
    Feel better Raul!
    Ivy & Lavi

  3. I hope our boy is feeling better. I'm praying for him.

  4. what a sweetie! I love you Raul!!!!

  5. sorry to hear this about Raul. he will be in my prayers.